• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

12 dead in French terror attack

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The satirical magazine gained notoriety in February 2006 when it reprinted cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed that had originally appeared in Danish daily Jyllands-Posten, causing fury across the Muslim world.

At least 12 dead as gunmen attack French satirical weekly that printed Mohammed cartoons
This is horrible, can't believe these people would murder so many people over a stupid cartoon. I'm assuming this was their motive.

It was reported on TV that two of the victims were cops and some were journalists. Witnesses also said the terrorist were speaking French. The terrorist are still at large and there is a manhunt on for them.

Thoughts?

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I can believe it. It's the norm. What is hurting us more than anything is political correctness. I'm sure we're going to be "reminded" Islam is a "religion of peace". Whatever. It is what it is. Until we call this what it is and address these people for what they are, we're going to see more of this.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Does NOBODY remember what happened LAST TIME those cartoons were published? FFS! You might as well stick a target to your head and hang a sign around your neck reading "I DARE YOU!". These "peaceful" f~ckers are nuts! Last time it was implied that Islam was a violent religion, they protested by burning churches and going apesh~t! Yes, it's a stupid cartoon, and they have published much much worse cartoons mocking and insulting Jews, but they are above reproach in their own minds and are willing to F~CKING KILL YOU to prove it. Why would they publish the same friggin' pictures that got these nutbars riled to violence the first time? Why Why Why? Way to put yourself in the running for a Darwin award. I have trouble feeling sorry for people who bring it on themselves. Don't provoke the crazies!

- Chameleon

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I disagree, by not provoking them they win. I'm going to say whatever I want about how I feel about Islam and their mental midget pedophile Muhammed. If they don't like it? Tough.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Well it's easier to say if they don't know where you live (or work). Otherwise you might as well be daring the mafia to their face to kill you. Let the people in uniform deal with these morons. I sure don't want some nutball coming after me cuz I insulted their religion. If I don't insult their precious religion, they win? Well, if by staying out of it they win, but I don't get myself and a bunch of other people blown to sh~t by some angry f~cktard, then I say it's a win-win, and that's okay with me.

Hey, why not really provoke them? Make a movie that really South-Park's Mohammad but good and play it in theaters everywhere. Let's see how many people we can get murdered. Yay! Would you like some shrapnel with your popcorn? It's free!

- Chameleon

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Let the people in uniform handle them? How's that working out so far? My point is until we as a society stand up to them and call them for what they are, this is going to remain.

Let me give some info here. I left my previous job to work at a local firm down here. In my previous job, I was in house counsel for a major corporation (if I named it you would immediately recognize it). We had some Muslims employed at different offices across the country, just a few, who demanded private rooms where they could pray during the day. As in house counsel I researched the issue and wrote a memorandum of law recommending we deny their request. Home office followed my advice and they have denied that request on the grounds a private corporation has no duty to accommodate such a religious request, as it would require monies appropriated for rooms solely for that purpose (they would not agree to already available conference rooms as those rooms are used daily for work purposes) and the time would be more than say a 15 minute break. These people know who I am and what my position on it was. Do I care? No.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
That's different. Not feeding the bear isn't the same as poking it. Make a Youtube video telling Islamics they can shove their Koran and their mental midgit pedophile prophet straight up their camel f~cked a$$es, and include your place of work or home address. Go for it! And give my condolences to your family in advance (assuming they survive the reprisal).

- Cham

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Hey, if you want to cower and hide and be politically correct and not call people out for who they are, go ahead, I'm not. I believe in protecting free speech, I believe in protecting freedom of the press, I believe in standing up to them, if you don't, so be it.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Because publicly insulting or mocking something held deeply sacred to a large demographic of people that happens to include a substantial sub-demographic of wackjobs isn't just a good idea, it's our civic duty. I think I'll continue to call these f~cktards for what they are from the relative safety of my computer room and leave the rest to those much better trained and much better equipped. If I was easily traceable by these guys, I wouldn't be poking the hornet's nest. There's no need. They kill enough people without folks painting targets on themselves. But go ahead, big talker, post that there YouTube video, and make sure they know who you are and where you can be found. That's more or less what these French folks did. Worked out great for them. You can die a martyr for free speech.

- Chameleon

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Is there a reading comprehension problem here? How dumbed down do I need to make this? Who said anything about publically insulting or mocking? All I called for was calling a spade a spade. All I called for was doing away with this political correctness BS and calling this what it is. If you're a coward and don't want to, fine, don't, I couldn't care less since I wasn't addressing you to begin with.

Can we get back to the topic of this thread now please?

EDIT: I'm not going to blame the victim, Cham, I'm going to blame the perpetrator. It's what adults do.

Last edited: