• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

111 exemptions from Obamacare...

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
And counting.

Approved Applications for Waiver of the Annual Limits Requirements of the PHS Act Section 2711 as of November 1, 2010

What good is a law when a select few are granted an exemption from participation? Why are so many unions on this list? How has this obamanation lowered costs and improved service?

Is it any suprise that a law that was never even read, let alone understood, by the jackasses that passed it does absolutely the opposite of what was promised? This is not "reform" and it needs to be repealed.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Do you know what this means exactly? Will these unions have to not pay into the system and how much is that pay? I honestly don't remember the details of ObamaCare. It seems like it was forever ago that we had the healthcare fight.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
What it means is that companies can be exempted from the following minimums:

Under the new rules, annual limits on benefits cannot be lower than $750,000 (from September 23, 2010 through September 22, 2011), $1.25 million (from September 23, 2011 through September 22, 2012), and $2 million (from September 23, 2012 through December 31, 2013).

if a company will have to significantly reduce benefits (ie. cancel employer paid coverage) or increase costs to meet these new minimums then it can apply for a one year exemption from compliance. Of course the bureaucrats will continue to grant these exemptions (at their discretion) until 4 years from now when the taxpayer funded benefit is available for companies to dump their employees into. This is how the left gets their way and will result in a single payer system by default.

According to this article, HHS expects to grant 1500 of these exemptions.

HHS expects 1,500 waiver requests from Obamacare annual limit requirement | Obamacare Watcher

"If you like your current plan, you can keep it" just one of Obama's many, many lies! A guy I hunt with is an accountant at a big company. The acct. dept. advice to management: drop the $8000 per employee per year plan and pay the $2000 fine. Give the employee a bonus and pocket the difference. Just like Pelosi, Reid, the democrats, and Obama planned.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
"If you like your current plan, you can keep it" just one of Obama's many, many lies! A guy I hunt with is an accountant at a big company. The acct. dept. advice to management: drop the $8000 per employee per year plan and pay the $2000 fine. Give the employee a bonus and pocket the difference. Just like Pelosi, Reid, the democrats, and Obama planned.
You know what's funny? I get together with a group of guys every Tuesday (I can't always make it but I try to). One of those guys is a good friend of mine, he's a CPA and works for a local firm down here. He was telling just this past Tuesday that's the same advice he's been giving to some of his clients. He tells them to drop the coverage, pay the $2000 fine and pocket the rest. I agree, this is what they planned.