• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

"11/22/63" - Stephen King's latest

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Without giving away any spoilers, any fans of It should try to get their hands on a copy of 11/22/63. I'm only 135 pages or so into it (it's over 800 pages) but so far it's pretty good, and part of it takes place in Derry in 1958, and Richie Tozier and Beverly Marsh have made an appearance.

Stephen King is really hit-or-miss for me. There have been some of his books that I didn't read more than five pages of (Christine), book that I got within 20 pages of the end and gave up on, books that I finished and wanted to throw against the wall because the ending was so bad (Tommyknockers), and books that I loved so much I've read at least five times (The Stand, Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption). 11/22/63 so far seems to be on the very good end of the spectrum.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I didn't know stephen king was coming out with a new book actually. I knew about his new Dark Tower Novel that's coming out in march or may. I added the Stephen King page on my facebook, but I guess I never saw this one. I definitely want to get it at some point in time. I'm definitely intrigued, thats for sure.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I seriously can't put it down. I haven't read many of his newer books (and by "newer" I mean anything he wrote after his accident) but I would say it's his best since Hearts in Atlantis. At least.

It's very suspenseful

Konshentz

Konshentz
I got it for Christmas. I've been wanting to start it, I love King, but I really got into the Dexter series & feel like I should finish that before jumping into a 800+ book. Plus, I still haven't finished Under The Dome. Eh, so much reading to do. Haha.

I'm glad to hear that it's good though.