11:02

Discussion in 'The Bathroom Wall' started by Bjarki, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Bjarki

Bjarki Registered Member

[​IMG]

Yep, that's what I went to see today. A broken clock.
    It's a japanese clock and despite some physical damage it survived the atomic blast of Nagasaki in WW2. The bomb was dropped at 11:02 hours.

How cool is that!

The exposition also included other remnants.. molten porcelain, severely burned roof tiles and uniforms worn by (incinerated) students :stare:
    It was a pretty horrific display I tell you that..

Good day though.

-----------

Btw, know what sucks ass? Having to go to a stupid birthday the day the game comes out you've been waiting for for months :curse:
    Birthdays should be abolished.

[youtube]xO7rHL3yeJ8[/youtube]

:love:

Anyone else done something interesting as of late?

2. Bubbles

Bubbles I ♥ Haters

I'm surprised that a clock survived that kinda devastation, considering how people literally melted from the blasts. Still, it's pretty cool.

3. LifeinthePond

LifeinthePond Mark ov teh Pond

Yeah, I kinda want that game as well. I see it on Steam, but I'm going to wait for the sale.

4. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Oh shit, a new Worms game?

Fuck me, I'm all over that shit! Been a fan since the very first Worms!

5. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

It depends on how far away from ground zero it was. Obviously, the further it was, the more likely it was to survive.

I can pretty much guarntee that thing wasn't right at the point of impact ;).

But yeah, still pretty fascinating

6. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

That is really awesome! I would be fascinated to go see that in person. I went to school for radiation science and we study bombings and then other things such as Chernobyl... Some of the pictures are just amazing in a very sad sort of way.