100%

Xeilo

Registered Member
V.I.P.
When playing a game, do you stop playing the game once you have finished the storyline or do you continue till you have done absolutely everything in the game, and if the game has stats it says 100%.

I just usually finish it after the storyline, I don't see the point on going through it and doing every little thing for no real reason.

Atreyu

#2 New Zealander
I love getting 100% on games. I'm happy to go for the Extra bonuses. Especially on games like GTA. Like getting all the horseshoes, companies etc on GTA:SA

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I usually play till the storyline is over and thats it. Sometimes i will try and get 100%, but after a while i get bored trying and just stop playing it.....
I might save it on a memory card and go back to it in the future

Lemonv1

Registered Member
I tend to just stop when the storyline ends.
On games like GTA I'll start collecting hidden packages etc but give up after a while.
There are too many games I want to play to be able to go for 100% on them all..

T-Menace

Registered Member
I play till the storyline is done. These people who try to do everything must just have to much time on their hands. I think it's quite sad looking down the xbox 360 achivements for some people and they have maxed out the gamer score for a game, especially when you read some of the achivements, for example, i beleive there is one on tiger woods 09 that you can only get by winning a match by a certain number of shots on a certain day of the month.

Completing it 100% gives you a great feeling.

And if I feel like playing it some more after completing 100%, I'd just start a new game.

100%. Especially in RPGs. I like doing every side-quest and collecting all the weapons I can before I put the game down. I do it because I'm a perfectionist and I don't really want the game to "end". I know once I finish everything it has ended and that makes me feel sad. I like to prolong it as long as I can.

That, and it takes me a week or two to start a new game. Tough to decide.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
It depends on how well I enjoyed the game. I will play DK64 over and over and collect every single banana just because I love that game, but I can't think of any others I would go for 100% on.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
I will play DK64 over and over and collect every single banana just because I love that game, but I can't think of any others I would go for 100% on.
You're the first other person I've known to do that, I do that too. I beat DK 64 101% in 9:30 getting all of the bananas. I think I'm the biggest DK fan here.

I also like to beat other games 100%, though there aren't many. I've gotten 100% on Zelda Ocarina Of Time before and I'm working on getting every coin in Super Mario 64.

There are also games that you beat 100% by finishing the storyline especially with older games before side quests were really all that important.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
You're the first other person I've known to do that, I do that too. I beat DK 64 101% in 9:30 getting all of the bananas. I think I'm the biggest DK fan here.

I also like to beat other games 100%, though there aren't many. I've gotten 100% on Zelda Ocarina Of Time before and I'm working on getting every coin in Super Mario 64.

There are also games that you beat 100% by finishing the storyline especially with older games before side quests were really all that important.
I think I could jockey for that position!! :p

I bet you know where every banana is like I do! I've replayed that game so many times it's 2nd nature now. DK64 is the sole reason I will never get rid of my N64. I used to like to save the shortest game I played at 101% and then start all over and see if I could break my time record.

I haven't really played the Zelda games on it, but I'm going to order those online. Mario 64 I got bored with, but after I get tired a little of the new 360, I'll start back on Mario and see what I can accomplish on that. I bet it won't be 100%