100 reasons why you can't get a job:

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
http://coburn.senate.gov/public//in...&File_id=e1e0624e-d02a-42d4-9dbb-f5b9f21b3572

The top 100 wasted money projects of the $900B Stimulus package. Just think $500M was taken out of your community and others to place windows in an abandoned park location. $2M to study ants. And on and on....

Here's my question. Almost $900B was spent to stimulate the economy. Did anyone here get a job because of this? Does anyone here know anyone personally that got a stimulus job? That's almost $3000 per person in America. Where did your $3000 go?

rainbow5555

Registered Member
I think in England its not just about going to get a job, its also about state support, In England income support/dole/sitting on your ass for pay, is very genorous and so many have decided to do this instead of getting a job. Also we are the finance centre of the world and so we have been hit very hard by the recession, most cornershops ad small businesses have gone bust.

sputniknz

Registered Member
This money went straight where it was intended to go. Into the hands of guilty corporates and politicians.

There were never going to be any jobs.

They would have been better of depositing an equal share to each american. Probably would have achieved more. I even remember saying before the money was issued that it would be squandered. But if they done that they would not be able to get their dirty hands on it.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I was reading an article about how $150,000 was put into a footbridge for bikes and people over a stream but it doesn't have a path from its exit.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
http://coburn.senate.gov/public//in...&File_id=e1e0624e-d02a-42d4-9dbb-f5b9f21b3572

The top 100 wasted money projects of the $900B Stimulus package. Just think $500M was taken out of your community and others to place windows in an abandoned park location. $2M to study ants. And on and on....

Here's my question. Almost $900B was spent to stimulate the economy. Did anyone here get a job because of this? Does anyone here know anyone personally that got a stimulus job? That's almost $3000 per person in America. Where did your $3000 go?
Don't you know? If you have a job it was "saved" by the stimulus. But for the stimulus we would ALL be out of a job:stare:

Yeah, this was a waste. It was a waste when Bush did it in 9/08 and it was a waste now. I just read today that the growth of GDP at the end of '09 was 5%, it's now at 1.6%. Things are going in the exact opposite direction.