• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies 100 Essential Movies

padd

Registered Member
and THE CORE up there
That has actually the worst acting and graphics in a movie I have ever seen. I'd drop it.. I always tell people it's the worst movie ever made.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Here's a few Sports movies that should be there in my opinion:

-Hoosiers(one of the greatest basketball movies)
-Rudy(Great True Story)
-Above the Rim
-League of their Own
-Pride of the Yankees
-Rocky(yes it belongs there)
-Field of Dreams
-The Natural

I believe all of those belong in the sports category

Duke1985

EatsApplePieShitsFreedom
I wouldn't say Clerks 2 is a must have, it was really good, I own it but I'm not going to say everyone should have a copy.

I'd also go ahead and throw up Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind in the chick flick category (although I think it was too surreal to be a chick flick)

Also couldn't help but notice you left Rocky Horror Picture Show out of the musical section, all I can say is come on man.

DLFerguson

Registered Member
The first movie I looked for in the list isn't there: Shawshank Redemption.

I think it's one of the movies not to miss!

I'll go through your list later and comment on some movies when my net is more "normal".
Good call on SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION. I'm going to add it.

Atreyu

#2 New Zealander
I've only heard of a coupe of them :S

DLFerguson

Registered Member
How about Ali?(2001)
The searchers,i am not really a western fan but this is a very good story.(1956)
On the waterfront,a classic i think.(1954)
Giant (1956)
The shootist(1976)John Wayne's last film.
Greystoke,the legend of tarzan of the ape's(1984) one of my fav films.
I think all these films would be worthy of a spot on the list!.
Believe it or not I've never seen THE SEARCHERS or ON THE WATERFRONT so I can't in good conscience put them on the list.

I'm going to think about GIANT and GREYSTOKE...I can't really see that as being essential to anybody's home movie library unless they're a diehard Burroughs fan. And yes, I am a diehard Burroughs/Tarzan fan and have that movie myself.

I'll give you THE SHOOTIST and add that to the list
------
What? No Lord of the Rings up there?:confused:
I wouldn't recommend LORD OF THE RINGS as being essential to anybody's home DVD library but I'm flexible. If enough people think it should be on the list, I'll put it on.

And before anybody asks; yes, I have seen the trilogy in the theaters and I own all the DVDs. It's not that I think they're bad movies. In fact they're pretty good. Just not essential. But that's just me. I'd put the original STAR WARS trilogy above the LoTR anyday.

Last edited:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Good call on SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION. I'm going to add it.
Yay!

I wouldn't recommend LORD OF THE RINGS as being essential to anybody's home DVD library but I'm flexible. If enough people think it should be on the list, I'll put it on.

And before anybody asks; yes, I have seen the trilogy in the theaters and I own all the DVDs. It's not that I think they're bad movies. In fact they're pretty good. Just not essential. But that's just me. I'd put the original STAR WARS trilogy above the LoTR anyday.
I feel the same way about LoTR.