• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Rant "100% All Natural"

Brent

Registered Member
From shampoo to cookies, you see it everywhere "100% all natural." I was curious as what exactly "all natural" meant so I did some research in a book I have about food. Great book I might add. You can learn how McDonald's salads are worse for you than their burgers, or how Baskin Robbin once sold a shake that contained over 2,300 calories, but I'm getting off topic. So I read about terms like organic, and free range and all that sort of stuff. Then I read about "all natural".

:-o

The term "all natural" doesn't actually mean anything at all. The FDA has not developed any sort of set definition. You can legally label anything "all natural." You could sell synthetic hotdogs made from ground up computer chips and call it "all natural". It means nothing! Nothing!! And companies plaster it on everything! It just ain't right. It's certainly something to think about.

dDave

V.I.P.
I've been aware of this for a long time.

All natural really has no actual meaning to quite a few brands out there and consumers in general have been duped into buying into this thinking it does mean something.

Random example from my life from the first time I learned that natural isn't all that great. Skippy natural peanut butter comes with palm oil in it which is arguably worse than the alternative of vegetable oil used in the regular peanut butter they make.

I feel as if the term organic is starting to lose some of it's meaning as well. Lots of companies have taken notice that organic is very attractive to a lot of consumers so they'll bend the rules, make products to the minimum requirements, etc. just so it can be sold as organic.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
The definitions are easy.
All Natural means that more people will buy it.
Organic means they can charge 2x-10x more when you buy it.

At McDonalds "all natural" = everything they made in a lab. I think the beef is also called "pink slime" lol!

dDave

V.I.P.
The definitions are easy.
All Natural means that more people will buy it.
Organic means they can charge 2x-10x more when you buy it.

At McDonalds "all natural" = everything they made in a lab. I think the beef is also called "pink slime" lol!
Well, not quite. Organic is good in many cases. It means that certain preservatives aren't used, growth hormones aren't used, etc. that's important in many cases.

I believe the pink slime from McDonalds is actually their chicken. ;)

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Well, not quite. Organic is good in many cases. It means that certain preservatives aren't used, growth hormones aren't used, etc. that's important in many cases.

I believe the pink slime from McDonalds is actually their chicken. ;)
Oh. Pink chicken slime lol! I only heard about them making pink slime but I didnt know which food it was.
Btw Russia is suing McDonalds for serving unhealthy food. Thats a lot like suing a railroad for having trains. :lol: