18 North Carolina
19 Arkansas
20 Florida State
21 Georgia
22 Oregon State
23 Auburn
24 Utah
24 West Virginia

Alabama definitely deserves to be #1. They are loaded and have a great chance to repeat.

Florida and Texas are ranked too high, I think. Both teams need to replace star quarterbacks. The Gators have to replace pretty much their entire team.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Alabama have a lot of dangerous weapons on their team, but the three players that I'm going to watch this season are, Ingram, Amukamara and Dareus. I agree that they belong in the number one spot.

As a Buckeyes fan echoes, I'm sure that you're happy Heyward didn't declare for the Draft. He'll be a huge factor in your defense.

But with all that being said, the player that I'm really really looking forward to watch this season his A.J Green from Georgia. He's definitely an offensive force, who will have a lot of receiving yards/touchdowns this season.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Alabama have a lot of dangerous weapons on their team, but the three players that I'm going to watch this season are, Ingram, Amukamara and Dareus. I agree that they belong in the number one spot.
It'll be interesting to see if Ingram gets most of the carries this year. A lot of people think Trent Richardson is the more talented and better back. Either way, their offense is going to be really hard to stop. Don't forget about Julio Jones who may be the best receiver in the SEC ahead of AJ Green.

As a Buckeyes fan echoes, I'm sure that you're happy Heyward didn't declare for the Draft. He'll be a huge factor in your defense.
I'm cautiously optimistic for this Buckeye team. If they play like they did in the Rose Bowl against Oregon and open up the offense and throw the ball around, then they'll be hard to beat. I think Pryor will be a lot better this year. They have an experience o-line, a deep backfield, and some talented receivers led by Devier Posey.

I'm not sure how good the defense will be. Thaddeus Gibson and Kurt Coleman are gone and they were big playmakers and leaders of the defense last year. They have a lot of talented players waiting in the wings though.

The schedule is gonna be tough. They play four teams in the top 15 of the preseason poll, including road games at Wisconsin and Iowa.

BigBob

Registered Member
Obviously Alabama is going to be dangerous, but I don't care how good you are.. when you lose what, 9 starters on defense then you have some catching up to do.. but with young kids, it's a lot easier to get accustomed to the workouts and plays, as long as they have good work ethic.

Oklahoma, Penn State and Georgia Tech IMO are ranked too high. Penn State has no names at quarterback right now.. but they do have a freshman who made a huge splash during the spring game.. Out played all of the other quarterbacks as if he's been playing the game in college for 10 years.. but JoePa has a thing against playing freshman, so if he doesn't start, they'll have a some-what down year.

Zappa

Registered Member
Oklahoma, Penn State and Georgia Tech IMO are ranked too high. Penn State has no names at quarterback right now.. but they do have a freshman who made a huge splash during the spring game.. Out played all of the other quarterbacks as if he's been playing the game in college for 10 years.. but JoePa has a thing against playing freshman, so if he doesn't start, they'll have a some-what down year.
Well, there are no upper-classmen QB's on PSU's roster, and pretty much no one with experience. And remember Zach Mills? Started as a freshmen in 2001. But I do agree, PSU will probably have 3 or 4 losses this year. Wisconson and Iowa are really tough this year, I wouldn't be surprised if OSU finished 2nd in the conference.

I'm not going to disagree with you that my Gators are too high in these rankings, but saying that we lose practically our entire team is false. We return all the offensive line starters, all 4 of our running backs plus 1 of our starters receivers.

On defense all 4 of our defensive line starters played quite a bit last year(despite losing Dunlap/Cunningham). We lose Spikes, Haden, and our defensive leader Ryan Stamper, but we return Janoris Jenkins, return 2 out of the 3 safeties that rotated in(our 2 best safeties), plus a ridiculously deep linebacking core that saw quite a bit of time last year. While we may have lost 5 out of the 11 starters(6 if you want to count Major Wright, even though him Ahmad Black and Will Hill platooned) we rotate players in and out defensively so most of the players that are replacing the starters have played quite a bit. We will get plenty of pressure up the middle, the ends are where I'm most worried about. The biggest loss of the defense, IMO is the coach Charlie Strong. That's the biggest question mark to me, how Teryl Austin will do as defensive coordinator. So far very high praise coming from Gainesville in that aspect.

Also put me on the John Brantley will be a better QB then Tebow bandwagon, I think he is going to excel this season. The WR's are very unexperienced, but with a new WR coach and a QB that will make more than 2 reads and an offensive line that should give loads of protection I think we have some WR's that will breakout this year. There's no denying the talent that the WR's have, they just haven't lived up to potential yet. Deonte Thompson is a year older and has shown signs. Chris Rainey has moved to WR from RB and will be very dangerous doing underneath Percy Harvin routes. "the next Percy Harvin" Andre Debose is 100% healthy this season and has shown great explosiveness. Not having Tebow running the ball 15 times a game will give more touches for Jeff Demps, Emmanuel Moody, and my personal favorite Mike Gillslee in the running game. It will also make us much more diverse and more difficult to defend in goalline and short yardage situations.

Not to mention our schedule SHOULD be pretty easy for us. The East is down, while the West is loaded. We get LSU and Miss State at home and a game at Alabama against the West. South Carolina is a home game this year, they are the preseason toughest challenge for us in the East.

Losing 9 out of 11 starters on defense is absolutely killer. I know from experience with the 07 Gators squad when we gave up a ton of points because the players didn't have game experience and were young. Playing in the tough West I bet Alabama loses at least 2 maybe even 3 games this season. Gators should definitely have it much easier making it back to the SEC championship game.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
We return all the offensive line starters
Wasn't Maurkice Pouncey a starter last year? He's in the NFL now. I'm not saying you guys won't be a good team, I just think #3 is a little ambitious. Yeah, you're loaded with talent, but you can't just replace star players and expect to be better than last year.

Wasn't Maurkice Pouncey a starter last year? He's in the NFL now. I'm not saying you guys won't be a good team, I just think #3 is a little ambitious. Yeah, you're loaded with talent, but you can't just replace star players and expect to be better than last year.
Yeah you are right. I meant 4 out of 5, even though the other Pouncey moved from guard to center and judging by week 1 it didn't work out. So technically we have 2 new starters(1 at guard where Pouncey played and center where Mike moved to). We were also without 2 starters in week 1. I certainly don't think we'll be better last year but with the lack of a dominant preseason team we were kinda forced to be top 5.

BigBob

Registered Member
Well, there are no upper-classmen QB's on PSU's roster, and pretty much no one with experience. And remember Zach Mills? Started as a freshmen in 2001. But I do agree, PSU will probably have 3 or 4 losses this year. Wisconson and Iowa are really tough this year, I wouldn't be surprised if OSU finished 2nd in the conference.
I don't count a redshirt freshman as a freshman. Bolden is a true freshman, and this is the first time a true freshman has ever started in the Paterno era.

..and after last weeks game, the Gators deserve to be out of the top 10, USC defiantly deserves to fall into the 20's.. and I defiantly think LSU may have to drop a bit as well. That's a team missing about 7 starters and they almost lost on the last play of the game.