• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

10/11: Plane hits NYC Building

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Breaking news: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,219921,00.html

A small plane has crashed into a 50 story condominium in NYC just now. I have not seen any reports on whether or not anybody was injured or killed, but the picture doesn't look good.

The building is a 50-story condominium tower built in 1986 and located nearby Sotheby's Auction House. It has 183 apartments, many of which sell for more than $1 million.
My question is now in the world did a plane even get near the building after 9/11... Somebody is NOT doing their job if you ask me. The plane should have been shot out of the sky.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/10/11/plane.crash/index.html

Today is 10/11. I don't know if that has any significance, and so far no major news sites have had any word on whether or not this was terrorist related or not.

UPDATE: It turns out the plane was registered to the New York Yankees pitcher, and apparently he was flying it and it had some problems. People who saw the crash reported seeing the plane spiralling towards the building in what they said seemed like distress, and not "showing off." So it's fairly safe to say it was not a terrorist attack on any level, but it's still very unfortunate, and raises some very serious concerns about private planes and the air space they are allowed to fly in. (They are certainly not allowed to fly near buildings, but there are currently very lax restrictions on how close they can fly to the city, and it's apparently very easy to load a private plane with anything you want and be able to take off. The private airports don't have very tight or efficient security at all.

Dragon

V.I.P.
I got home and was watching the news and they were showing a video of the apartment on fire and said a plane crashed into it and then they said that it might of killed a yankees pitcher. I thought it was a terrorist attack and then I came online to read about it on CNN and they said that the yankee's pitcher was onboard and that it was not a terrorist attack. I didn't think of the date until you mentioned it Andrew.