Movies 10,000 Bc

Relinquished

Registered Member
Just watched 10,000 BC at le cinema. Must say a huge disappointment though visually rather stunning. Several problems with it though. The first of which would be the Neanderthals' innane grasp of the English Language, which seems odd as all the other tribes are subtitled. One or the other lads ok?

I also have to wonder if the director ever took a single lesson of history during his apparently brief stay in education. Now dont get me wrong, I understand there's a certain amount of artistic license when it comes to making films. But one minute he's face to face with a Sabretooth Tiger.. the next he's throwing a sharpened stick at a guy clad with synthetic fabrics! Ah the fun of timelines.

Also an annoying reference to Biblical times.. Watch it and point out the times where the protagonist is both Moses and Jesus. And even better there's a bright star that leads the way!

Apart from that it was a good film, so as long as you're not as pedantic as me you should be able to sit back, kick your feet up on the back of the chair a small wailing child's sitting on and enjoy the film.

Just thought I'd let you know :)

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I'm just sick of all these movies trying to jump on the 300 bandwagon and just be epic for the hell of it. With that said I still disaporove that the god damn scary movie team can't take a hint and still think they're funny by doing Epic movie and the new meet the spartans. The epic genre is so easy to make fun of that they really shouldn't pat themselves on the back for it.

Relinquished

Registered Member
The mock-up movies, such as Not Another Teen Movie, Scary Movie and Epic Movie etc. are all a little lacklustre in comedy anyway. They all seem to go for the really obvious toilet humour jokes; rather than anything that requires a little thought. The new generation of parody films are nothing compared to Hot Shots Part the Deuz or Naked Gun [some random Mixed Fractions], not to mention the amazing Airplane Movies.

But hey my opinion is my opinion and can get shot down very easily im sure.

Dude mock up movies suck these days. yeah i know I'm young but i'll say it.

Flying High and Naked Gun smash all other mock up movies there will probably ever be.

Relinquished

Registered Member
The only thing being young means in this context is you're wise beyond your years..

And I'm only 17! =D

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm just sick of all these movies trying to jump on the 300 bandwagon and just be epic for the hell of it.
Um.. I considered 300 to be one of those movies to jump on the bandwagon created by movies like Braveheart, Gladiator, The Patriot, etc.

It was way too much Matrix style camera effects and not enough actual plot. A visual masterpiece at best, but by no means epic. 300 that is.

As for 10,000 BC, I haven't seen it yet. I think it looks interesting as a glimpse into history but obviously it's going to be pretty skewed towards what the director/producers wanted to create. Not much is really known about 10,000 BC in the first place. The cinematography looks very crisp though.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't know, the craze has been getting a steady supply of wannabe epics for years now. Troy, Kingdom of Heaven, The Last Samurai.. yes I said it, I didn't like The Last Samurai.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I didn't like Troy, I passed on Kingdom of heaven due to Orlando bloom and I havn't ever watched the last samurai but I probably will one day. I'm not much of a fan of the epic genre in general to be honest. I'm one of the few people who finds Lord of the rings tedious, although I did like the Fellowship. Peter Jackson just really doesn't know how to edit.