#1 beating on #2, Obama's True Character

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Obama lied quite a bit in a recent statement he made about Governor Palin.

“Well, my understanding is that Governor Palin’s town of Wasilla has, I think, 50 employees. We’ve got 2,500 in this campaign. I think their budget is maybe $12 million a year. You know, we have a budget of about three times that just for the month. So I think that our ability to manage large systems and to execute I think has been made clear over the last couple of years,” Obama said.
The response by the GOP was well said:

“For Barack Obama to argue that he’s experienced enough to be president because he’s running for president is desperate circular logic and its laughable. It is a testament to Barack Obama’s inexperience and failing qualifications that he would stoop to passing off his candidacy as comparable to Governor Sarah Palin’s executive experience managing a budget of over $10 billion and more than 24,000 employees,” said spokesman Tucker Bounds.
Once again Obama is resorting to cheap and deceitful tactics to sway uninformed voters. Does he honestly expect us to believe that he didn't do some research before making that statement? Clearly, the numbers between those two statements are WAY different. And if he truly didn't research then that just goes to show how quick he was to make a decision to release such a statement without doing any research. Either way it makes him look very bad and unprofessional.

Once again Obama reveals his true character. Once again he fails.

NOT TO MENTION, he's attacking the Republican VP. Why doesn't he attack somebody on the top of the ticket, like he is? Oh yeah. Because he really doesn't have anything to say about McCain. He has to resort to attacking the VP. Makes him look extremely desperate.

Honestly, why is it that people know full well that he's a lying scumbag, yet they continue to support him because of his celebrity status? He's nothing more than a vague motivational speaker with no experience leading when it counts.

The man voted "present" on bills that would keep sexual predators away from schools, playgrounds, etc. Is that the change Obama supporters honestly want?

Obama might know how to give a speech but when the teleprompter goes out he's comparable to a robot with a dead battery. Just words? All he is is words. No executive experience and no proven track record of change. Voting "present" isn't change. It's status quo.

/rant

Last edited:

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Obama lied quite a bit in a recent statement he made about Governor Palin.

The response by the GOP was well said:

Once again Obama is resorting to cheap and deceitful tactics to sway uninformed voters. Does he honestly expect us to believe that he didn't do some research before making that statement? Clearly, the numbers between those two statements are WAY different. And if he truly didn't research then that just goes to show how quick he was to make a decision to release such a statement without doing any research. Either way it makes him look very bad and unprofessional.

Once again Obama reveals his true character. Once again he fails.

NOT TO MENTION, he's attacking the Republican VP. Why doesn't he attack somebody on the top of the ticket, like he is? Oh yeah. Because he really doesn't have anything to say about McCain. He has to resort to attacking the VP. Makes him look extremely desperate.

Honestly, why is it that people know full well that he's a lying scumbag, yet they continue to support him because of his celebrity status? He's nothing more than a vague motivational speaker with no experience leading when it counts.

The man voted "present" on bills that would keep sexual predators away from schools, playgrounds, etc. Is that the change Obama supporters honestly want?

Obama might know how to give a speech but when the teleprompter goes out he's comparable to a robot with a dead battery. Just words? All he is is words. No executive experience and no proven track record of change. Voting "present" isn't change. It's status quo.

/rant
Ah - I meant to reply to this earlier this morning.

Obama makes rookie mistakes. Not sure if its going to matter, but this is a rookie error.

It reminds me of Muhammad Ali. He said when I walk into an arena, there are thousands of people yelling at me, calling me names and spitting on me. I focus on the one guy at the other end of the arena and tune out everybody else.

If Ali went after some guy in the stands, he lowers himself to a street fighter. When the guy that wants to be President goes after the person that wants to be VP, he lowers himself to the VP level. Its rookie. I'm sure his people gave him a stern lecture after he got off the stage.

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
Obama was referring to the town of Wasilla, whereas the GOP seemed to be referring to the state of Alaska. Wasilla--which Palin was a mayor of prior to becoming a governor--has a population of around 8,471. I doubt she was managing 24,000 employees as mayor.

Last edited:

Wade8813

Registered Member
If you want to say Obama has more experience than Palin, you have to include all of their experience.

Also, there's the fact that Obama's roll in the campaign doesn't parallel a mayor's or governor's roll. In fact, to some extent, HE is the one being managed.

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
Also, there's the fact that Obama's roll in the campaign doesn't parallel a mayor's
You think a town of 6,000 is even comparable to managing a national campaign that had to climb 20 points in the polls to be competitive? Obama has raised twenty times the annual budget of Wasalia, and had to spend it over a much larger area.

If you want to say Obama has more experience than Palin, you have to include all of their experience.
Okay. Obama has two years a civil rights law firm, three as a community organizer, eight as a state senator, ten as a constitutional law professor, and four as a US Senator. Palin was on the PTA, has been the governor of one of the least-populous states for twenty months, and was the mayor of a town a quarter of the size of mine.

Wade8813

Registered Member
You think a town of 6,000 is even comparable to managing a national campaign that had to climb 20 points in the polls to be competitive? Obama has raised twenty times the annual budget of Wasalia, and had to spend it over a much larger area.
I'm no expert on how campaigns are run, but I'm pretty sure Obama has other people handle that (such as a campaign manager).

Okay. Obama has two years a civil rights law firm, three as a community organizer, eight as a state senator, ten as a constitutional law professor, and four as a US Senator. Palin was on the PTA, has been the governor of one of the least-populous states for twenty months, and was the mayor of a town a quarter of the size of mine.
Nice slant :lol:

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Obama became a legislator in one of the most populous and politically contentious states in the nation at the same time that Palin became mayor of a tiny rural town where moose poop dots the roads. He is a United States Senator, whereas she has zero national experience. Zero.

This Republican talking point you're embracing smacks of hypocrisy and desperation. It's never going to fly with a majority of voters.

Last edited:

Wade8813

Registered Member
This Republican talking point you're embracing smacks of hypocrisy and desperation. It's never going to fly with a majority of voters.
I'm not sure what you're saying. I'm not saying Palin has more experience than Obama.

I'm saying if you're going to criticize someone, do it right. Especially if it's on national television.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
I'm not sure what you're saying. I'm not saying Palin has more experience than Obama.

I'm saying if you're going to criticize someone, do it right. Especially if it's on national television.
Oh, I get you now. Yeah, I agree that Obama's statement--as quoted by OP--seems to compare unlike things. But let's be truthful and look at the context, in which Anderson Cooper told Obama that Republicans are touting Palin's Podunk mayorship as executive experience relevant to a position at the head of national government. I think Obama was more amused than anything else by this and he clearly sought only to counter that point, not to pretend that she had never been Governor. For those interested in truth, here's how the exchange actually went down:

COOPER: And, Senator Obama, my final question -- your -- some of your Republican critics have said you don't have the experience to handle a situation like this. They in fact have said that Governor Palin has more executive experience, as mayor of a small town and as governor of a big state of Alaska.

What's your response?

OBAMA: Well, you know, my understanding is, is that Governor Palin's town of Wasilla has, I think, 50 employees. We have got 2,500 in this campaign. I think their budget is maybe $12 million a year.
You know, we have a budget of about three times that just for the month.

Last edited:

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Consider yourself in the process of a very grueling job interview process. You have multiple interviews and there are several candidates for the position. When you get to the final interview you are asked the question "What on the job experience can you bring to the table?" Do you think the answer "Well I made it through all of the interviews. Does that count?" would get you hired? You'd be laughed out of the office.

I'm sorry but I don't understand where "experience campaigning for president" comes in handy AS president.

So it's 3:00AM and the phone rings.

Person on phone: "Mr. Obama, there's an emergency. We need somebody to run for president immediately."

Obama: "Good news. I have experience doing that!"

To suggest that running a campaign for the presidency makes somebody experienced enough to BE president is simply laughable. To even include it in a list of qualifications is something I'd expect to see only on Saturday Night Live. :lol:

Running a campaign does not involve REAL decision making that effects the American people. The only decision he has to make in his campaign is "What can we do to further my career?"