'09 Open Championship

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Anybody else watching? Tiger is outside of the projected cut right now with 7 or 8 holes left in the second round. Tom Watson is only two shots off the lead.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I caught a bit of it when I was at the gym today but just to check the leader boards. It doesn't really look good for Tiger, but hopefully he can finish strong. I'll be watching all weekend probably, it's really surprising to see how well Tom Watson is doing.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Tiger is at +7 now, three shots outside of the projected cut. Two double bogeys on the back nine. With four holes to play I'd say he's out of it.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Its the British Open golfers can easily shoot five over in a round. It's Tiger Woods were talking about, if he makes the cut he won't be out of it. But I agree it's not looking to good for him right now.

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
Tigers finished as far as I'm concerned.

I haven't watched any yet due to work but I'll be spending the weekend glued to the TV.

I usually route for Woods but with him almost certainly out of contention I'll be gunning for the British contingent.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Tiger needs the cut line to drop from +4 to +5 but I don't think it's going to happen. I think at least six more players need to fall to +5, but there just aren't enough players left on the course who are in danger.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I didn't watch as much as I wanted to, but I watched most of today's action. Cink won over Watson in a Playoff. I expected Watson to pull it off, but just ran out of steam at the end. It's to bad.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Watson choked big time. Kind of disappointing, but I like Stewart Cink too and it's good to see him finally win a major.

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
What a shame, Watson could of achieved the greatest sporting moment of all time but, like Echoes mentioned, he chocked.

That last put of his on the 18th to win the masters was a poor effort for a guy who hit four terrific rounds of gold. It wasn't even close.

I suppose seeing Cink win his maiden major was a slight consolation to Watsons disappointing finish.