• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

04-05 NBA Season

Pianobone

Registered Member
THe Utah Jazz used to be in Louisiana as the New Orleans Jazz. There is obviously a connection between N.O. and jazz music, but apparently they got lazy and didn't want to rename the team after they were sold and moved.

Also, the Utah Mormons doesn't sound like a cool team name.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Bulls over Knicks again today. 7 in a row!

Suns are getting destroyed by the Pistons. Their lack of depth is finally starting to show.

And I'll go out on a limb and say the Lakers are a better team without Kobe. 2-0 without him so far.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Their lack of depth is finally starting to show
Nash has been the caralist for this team, and his current injury is hurting them, i hope the Pacers are happy they they screwed one of the best teams in the whole league this year with there "rough" play...(headbutt, and knees to the thighs)

As long as Nash is out, the Suns dont have a friggin chance in the world... but with him they are the leading scoreing team in the NBA... I expect some physical play out of the suns if they meet the Pacers again, if not a fight or two

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Bulls over Pistons tonight. Bulls are .500 now and have won nine out of their last ten, making them the hottest team in the NBA.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
I wanna cry... the Suns lost there 6th straight in Nash's first game back from being injured!!! And one things for sure, the team certainly cannot play without him... Without Nash in the lineup, the suns averaged a little over 90 points per game. Friday nights loss to the Spurs was a heart breaker... at one point in the game they were up by 17 points, only to be down by 3 with seconds left, and Shawn Marion drains a buzzer beating 3 to send it into overtime. For some reason though, the Suns couldnt stop Manu Ginobili, who scored a carerr high 43 points...

Suns play the Nets tonight... I wish I had some money to actually go to the game

The Suns also made a trade acquiring Jim Jackson and a 2005 second-round draft pick from the New Orleans Hornets in exchange for Casey Jacobsen, Maciej Lampe and Jackson Vroman.

RarePD

Registered Member
I hope the Bulls can keep it going. Gordon is a very surprising talent to their offense.

They might make the play-offs, they just might..

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Almost time for the All-Star break... and all 5 Pheonix Suns starters will be there in some way... 3 were picked as reserves for the game, and 2 others will play in the 3 point shootout (Q Richardson and Joe Johnson)

BTW the suns lead the NBA in 3 pointer attempts and % made

Steve Nash will compete in the Skills Competition, and Amare will compete in the dunk contest, while those 2 and Shawn Marion will be backups for the game

The suns have also regained the #1 spot in there conference.. but they do not play tonight, so they could lose it again :(

So far this season, though he does not have very great numbers, Steve Nash has proven he is the MVP... hes averaging a double/double every game... 19 points, 11 assists...

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
The playoff race is really starting to take shape so I thought I'd bring this topic back. Bulls just beat the Cavs in overtime. 8 consecutive wins. And they're only 1/2 game behind Washington for the 4th seed in the East. Phoenix is still looking strong. They'll probably take the 1st or 2nd seed in the West.

RarePD

Registered Member
Wow, the Chicago Bulls are going to make the play-offs...

I watched that game versus the Cavs in its entirety. Ben Gorden is proving why he's rookie of the year, and quite frankly deserves Sixth Man Award also. As for the team, their chemisty has finally come together and hopefully this trend will continue. This is basically the teams first trip to a play-off game for the Baby Bulls, so let this be experience and let next year be even better. I hope Curry won't be out too long due to his irregular heartbeat.

But damn, that was a sweet 3 to send it into OT by LeBron. It just wasn't enough in the end. He doesn't carry that jersey number too well...

:lol:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
The Tribune said Curry is probably going to play tomorrow. The good news is that the Bulls have shown that they can win without some of their best players. They've won without Heinrich. They've won without Deng. They've won without Curry. They just have so many guys that can step up. Almost everyone on the team gets good minutes. Probably the deepest team in the NBA.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth NBA 1
Babe_Ruth NBA 4
Babe_Ruth NBA 5
Babe_Ruth NBA 17
K NBA 7