• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

04-05 NBA Season

SamusAran86

Registered Member
yeah, gave the bulls there only other win so far... the Lakers are nothing right now, they have hints of talent, but its still a "me-me-me-me, no ME" style of play now that ownership basically gave the team to Kobe

doesnt matter to me really, because I have never reallyliked the Lakers...

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
I thought the LAkers would probably do alright,but when they were against the Bulls,oooohhhh that's a different story.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
pardon my french

BUT, HOLY SHIT

The Phoenix Suns are 17-3 matching the Seattle Super Sonics for the best record in ALL of the NBA. The Suns have also matched the best start in franchise history!! (just a note, that team finished with the 3rd best record in franchise history, a 57-25 record overall)

This team is just amazing, I'm actually excited about basketball for the first time since the Suns met the Bulls in the 92-93 Season (I am formerly from Chicage and went to one of MJ's first games (which MJ scored alot and the team won by 20 some-odd points), and was a Bulls fan durring that season, though I lived in Phoenix)

If you want to hear my history, here it is, after that 92-93 seaon MJ retired for the first time, and I didnt care about basketball anymore, Micheal Jordan decieded to play for the White Sox Baseball Minor Legue Organization, where I must say he didnt fare very well. But My love for Basketball was No more!!

Being A Chicago Native as I was I was "relieved" to see MJ return at the end of the 95' season to sorta help the bulls in there run... But after the end of year return failure, he helped the Bulls win 3 More (6 total rings) to his arsonal...

He retired again, though I believe he could have won more, if not for the Owners cutting salary (pippen, Phil Jackson).. So Micheal retired and basketball became nothing to me again...

Until I have seen this Suns team in action... The play hard, though have bouts of instibilaty, but they make up for that in spurts, where they can outscore a tean 36 points to 20 durring any givin quarter of play

Seriously, if this team doesent have 3-4 legitament All-Stars (Nash, Stoudimire, Marion, Richerdson/Johnson),hell the whole starting 5, and a serious consideration for the playoffs, I dont know of any team tha deserves those honors

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Bulls won again tonight. They go for four in a row on Monday (would be the first time since '98 when they had Jordan).

SamusAran86

Registered Member
well, If you havent already heard, the Suns are off to a 21-3 Record, the beat the Supersonics Friday night and the Wizards last night. If they win there next game, the Suns will match the Mav's 22-3 record they had 2 years ago, with Steve Nash running the game.

This is some exciting stuff. Number 1 against Number 2 and the Suns (#1) Won the game, being down at one point by 16 points (tied a little after half-time) and dowm by 7 with 3:08 left in the 4th quarter.

Ive been reluctant to say it, but do the suns actually have a chance at the Bulls 72-10 record, that they recorded behind the magnificant Micheal Jordan

I dont actually think so, MJ and that team was UNBEATABLE, but the suns have shown that at times thay are human, but they allways seem to work it out (at least in the first 24 games)

58 Games left in the season for Pheonix. things are looking great so far

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
SamusAran86 said:
Ive been reluctant to say it, but do the suns actually have a chance at the Bulls 72-10 record, that they recorded behind the magnificant Micheal Jordan

I dont actually think so, MJ and that team was UNBEATABLE, but the suns have shown that at times thay are human, but they allways seem to work it out (at least in the first 24 games)

58 Games left in the season for Pheonix. things are looking great so far
That record might never be broken. The Suns are definitely off to a great start, but I don't see them losing less than seven games from now til the end of the regular season, especially playing in the western conference. There's just too many good teams out there.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
They've lost 3 games, by a TOTAL of 11 points. They've won like 3 games by 2 points, and the rest have been blow-outs.

Hell, even tonight, they were down by 8, up by 11, and won on a tip in to beat the buzzer... even though they didnt play there best game, they still won!

22-3 record so far. Compaired to the bulls 72-10 season, the bulls were 22-2

Needless to say, there is still alot of season left, and they most likely wont do it, but they are deffinetly the most exciting team to watch right now

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Yeah, the Suns and the Sonics are probably the most exciting teams to watch right now. By the way, Bulls got four in a row. :) Hopefully they didn't dig too big of a hole by starting 0-9 cause they're pretty good. I think they can get back into playoff contention if they can play consistently.

RarePD

Registered Member
MJ "sorta" helped the Bulls in '95?

He only sorta led Chicago to the best record for any NBA team. 72-10!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth NBA 1
Babe_Ruth NBA 4
Babe_Ruth NBA 5
Babe_Ruth NBA 17
K NBA 7