• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

04-05 NBA Season

carebear

Registered Member
00vega said:
It would seem that if people get paid to "be a hero" or were
expected to be one, then they wouldn't actually be a true hero.

my thoughts exactly

people throw around the term 'hero' but it's more the
money and/or just being on tv and people just don't get that

SamusAran86

Registered Member
can we try to stay on topic just a little here, this is supposed to be about the current NBA season, not bickering about money issues of american sports players

carebear

Registered Member
i didn't think we were bickering, i thought we were agreeing on the same issues

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
SamusAran86 said:
can we try to stay on topic just a little here, this is supposed to be about the current NBA season, not bickering about money issues of american sports players
Gee... well then I guess it's a good idea that I didn't bust out talking about the dancing penguin circus sideshow in the Perfect Dark vs. Goldeneye 007 topic like I was planning to do. If you think that the NBA and "highly paid sports players" are two very unrelated subjects, then I'd really hate to think of how you would have responded to the dancing penguins. :tired:

SamusAran86

Registered Member
00vega said:
Gee... well then I guess it's a good idea that I didn't bust out talking about the dancing penguin circus sideshow in the Perfect Dark vs. Goldeneye 007 topic like I was planning to do.
WHAT?!???!

I wouldnt know about anything about it, as I dont like either of those games, and wouldnt make a post in the topic to begin with

00vega said:
If you think that the NBA and "highly paid sports players" are two very unrelated subjects, then I'd really hate to think of how you would have responded to the dancing penguins. :tired:
This is a topic about the CURRENT SEASON of NBA Basketball, which is why this topic is aptly named "04-05 NBA Season", a topic to talk about your favorite team, teams current records, what you think of the season so far, not for bickering about players saleries or teams payrolls. If you would like to, feel free to make a new topic to make your complaints about how much professional athletes make

GokuPD

Registered Member
Silly faced kiddies. I'm kinda disgusted in the role McGrady on the Rockets. Yao plays well but not good enough. Both need to up their game but McGrady is too in to himself maybe, Yao on the other hand, just needs to push it up a notch.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
1- I made up the penguin thing

2- Backing off as of now (not that I was actually IN anything to begin with)

3- ...might as well explain what I meant by #2 ^

This is a topic about the CURRENT SEASON of NBA Basketball, which is why this topic is aptly named "04-05 NBA Season", a topic to talk about your favorite team, teams current records, what you think of the season so far, not for bickering about players saleries or teams payrolls. If you would like to, feel free to make a new topic to make your complaints about how much professional athletes make
My simple point was to say that the two things (the current NBA season and players' salaries) are not too unrelated, so there's no point in making another topic about it until either (1) an argument comes up or (2) several different people start discussing it in this topic. Neither of those things were happening. Carebear and I were not arguing, and there were no third parties present who were willing to keep the discussion going (until you popped in).

So as it stands, it seems that you are worried about the mere possibility that discussion may get sidetracked rather than the fact that it was actually happening (which it wasn't). While I understand your concern (and have acted in similar ways elsewhere), I would have to ask that you be a little more patient and not be too afraid of what "may" happen before it actually does.

ok, now I'm done... honest

SamusAran86

Registered Member
well they were 0-9 until they played the Jazz, the Bulls current record is 2-12... The Utah Jazz also gave another 0-9 team there first win, that was New Orleans who's record is now 1-14...

The Suns by the way lost the other night to break a 9 game win streak, a game I didnt get to hear/watch any of :( But they wont last night 121-99 over the Blazers. The Suns still have the highest scoreing offence in the NBA, and Quinton Richardson had 8 - 3 pointers with 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, though he only had 1 - 3 point attempt the whole time afterward, he tied a Suns record with those 8 completions.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth NBA 1
Babe_Ruth NBA 4
Babe_Ruth NBA 5
Babe_Ruth NBA 17
K NBA 7