• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

04-05 NBA Season

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Well with hockey not being played this year, I though it would be a boring winter as I havent been into basketball since Jordan retired from the Bulls for the second time (wasnt really big on his 2nd comeback)

Anyhow, I decieded I would watch the Suns play a few games this year (tv of course) and boy, Im starting to get excited about what they could possibly do.

Currently, after 14 games, the Suns with a record of 12-2 have the best offence in the league scoreing an average of 107 points a game,allowing there opponents an average of 95 points per game and outscoreing there opponents by an average of 11 points

Going into the 4th quarter of last nights game, the suns held a 82-80 lead, after giving up the lead shortly 84-82 the suns went on a tear and ended up winning 115-102, they have done this many times this season, and in there 2 losses, they could have won if they would have made a couple of shots in the closeing minutes of the games... Last nights win gives the Suns the #1 spot in the Western Conference

on to other Basketball stuff

Whats wrong with the eastern conference... hell the Knicks are in first place with a 7-6 record??!?!... Only 4 teams in the whole conference with a winning percentage above .600 (compaired to the western's 8 teams)

carebear

Registered Member
i prefer utah, but they haven't been doing to great with stockton retired

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
i prefer utah, but
not to change the subject too much or sound too "Seinfieldesque", but what is the deeal with Utah and the Jazz? Is there any actual relation with the state of Utah and Jazz? I don't know about anybody else around here, but when I think of Jazz, the it's not like the first thing that pops up in my head is "oh yeah, and Utah of course". Likewise, when I think of Utah, the first thing I think of isn't "oh yeah and the Jazz there is great by the way". The two things just don't really seem to relate. So what's the deeal? Does anybody know what the deeal is between those two things? I have no clue. Clueless is what I am... utterly clueless. Or maybe it's just a basketball thing, who knows? Maybe one day the basketball people took a look over at their NHL winter sport counterparts and said "I don't know about those stupid Canadiens with thier fancy common sense names like the "Toronto Maple Leafs" or the "Ottawa Senators" or the "Montreal Canadiens"... no we don't like that one bit.... We're the NBA, it's an American sport... I think we need something a little more arbitrary for our teams like the Utah Jazz or the Charlotte Hornets or ooo here's an original one... now bout the New Jersey Nets... yeah that'll showum!!! What is the deeal with these people? Who arrre these people who choose the strange names???

- big big running jk

carebear

Registered Member
*falls over vega's rambling*

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
I've really got to get into these sports. I watch Basketball but it's an Australian International thing, ya dig.

carebear

Registered Member
i dig :D

american sports is all about the money now.
who makes the most, who gets fined what
for what reason etc.

sometimes it's just a big joke.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
What do you mean "sometimes" it's a big joke? It's ALWAYS a big joke. Money has no place in sports discussions. That's why this NHL players strike is stupid. If they're not getting nearly as much money as the other sports, they should get more money, no questions asked. But to have a conflict of interests over this and stop a season because of it is just plain retarted.

carebear

Registered Member
I know it's a joke. I've heard people talking about players going on strike and they say they should, they deserve more money because they are heros in the eyes of kids and adults every where. But the same people would grip and complain if truckers or railroaders went on strike, then they're just being greedy. There's more middle class and poor people then there are rich people and the people I think should be those kids and adults heros are they're own parents who worked hard to put food on the table and who raised them. But it seems like they're aren't very many people who think logically.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
people talking about players going on strike and they say they should, they deserve more money because they are heros in the eyes of kids and adults every where.
I thought the whole defining aspect of being a "hero" was that it was either accidental or by natural unplanned inspiration. It would seem that if people get paid to "be a hero" or were expected to be one, then they wouldn't actually be a true hero.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth NBA 1
Babe_Ruth NBA 4
Babe_Ruth NBA 5
Babe_Ruth NBA 17
K NBA 7