• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

0 interest credit cards

sweet_mayhem

Registered Member
has anyone of you been offered a 0 interest credit card? did you accept it? how did it go?

katharina

Registered Member
has anyone of you been offered a 0 interest credit card? did you accept it? how did it go?
I didn't know they existed. I pay off the balance each month, though, so I don't have to deal with interest. I'm not sure how a credit card company would make any money without interest.... ???

taiarain

Registered Member
We've taken the intro 0% twice.

Katharina: CC companies rake money in hand over fist on transaction fees that we all subsidize. Each transaction can cost the merchant as much as 3% of the total in credit card processing. CC companies make money off of us whether we pay a penny in interest or not.

sweet_mayhem

Registered Member
Are you talking about a 0% interest rate forever or an introductory one?
oh,i'm so sorry mr.snipes (love your name. :) ) just an introductory one...i read from somewhere that it seems like a good deal but you have to be careful not to make late payments or any other mistakes--or else you'll have to pay huge interest rates or penalty fees....

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
Yes, it can be a good deal, but if you have a late payment or missed payment and the rates will explode, the fees will hurt, and the good deal will vanish.

Melos

Registered Member
I have used 2 0% introductory rate cards to help pay off my large debt more quickly. I transfered from higher interest credit cards to the 0% one and was able to almost double the payments on it for a while.

I think its a great idea.

sweet_mayhem

Registered Member
I have used 2 0% introductory rate cards to help pay off my large debt more quickly. I transfered from higher interest credit cards to the 0% one and was able to almost double the payments on it for a while.

I think its a great idea.
wow, you must have saved a lot of money from making those credit card transfers.

Melos

Registered Member
It definately did. I'd probably still be wallowing in debt if I hadn't done the transferring.