After twenty years, Microsoft has finally (thankfully) announced plans to phase out its Internet Explorer browser, notoriously infamous for being, well, just plain bad. While Internet Explorer will be no more, it will live on for years to come through several classic Internet memes. To celebrate (er, commemorate), here are twenty of the best IE memes from around the web as shared by Twitter and Instagram, one for every year of its life.
R.I.P. Internet Explorer, 1995-2015.
20. That one where they made fun of Internet Explorer for being slow
My aunt posted this to my grandma's FB wall who, it would seem, is tragically partial to Internet Explorer. pic.twitter.com/eZO5EPdiJw
— Sylvia Cunningham (@CunningSylv) March 9, 2015
19. That one where somebody made fun of Internet Explo▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
— Rich Singh (@rsinghphoto) January 31, 2014
18. That one where bravery credit was given where bravery credit was due
If Internet Explorer is brave enough to ask you to be your default browser, you're brave enough to ask that girl out pic.twitter.com/tCzXHj4N4Z
— Mario Fusco (@mariofusco) March 4, 2015Like PopMalt on Facebook!You'll see other great articles like this!
17. That one where you learned what Internet Explorer was good for
16. That one that brings back that moment we all knew too well
— Liam Foston (@lfstn) September 28, 2012
15. The ones where even people’s desktops wanted Internet Explorer to get out
— GData Venezuela (@GData_Venezuela) February 6, 2015
14. That one where Internet Explorer was late again
13. That one that wasn’t actually a meme at all, but a real tech support call
12. That one where, well, you see what it did there…
11. That one where you almost felt bad for Internet Explorer… almost
— Marcus Hanscom (@MarcusHanscom) March 18, 2015