Walmart's Futuristic Concept Truck

Discussion in 'Autos' started by Hilander, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Hilander

Hilander Well-Known Member Staff Member V.I.P.

I've never seen anything like this truck. Its definitely futuristic looking but if it helps cut down on fuel consumption while moving more merchandise I think its great. I know if I see this going down the road I will have to take a second look.

2. Taliesin

Taliesin Registered Member

Holy carp! I've never seen anything like this! I'm half expecting it to transform into a giant, honking robot and slay Decepticons! :D

You would certainly notice this driving down the highway. Hopefully it achieves their aim of more space, more efficiency. Time will tell.

Hilander likes this.
  3. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light Staff Member V.I.P.

They claim it looks like a space ship. Not surprising considering that space crafts are designed to be as aerodynamic as possible.

Sort of an interesting truck though, I can honestly say that it looks like a stereotypical futuristic vehicle :lol:

I can't help but think that it looks a bit unsafe and would not do well in a crash test, maybe that's just a lack of understanding on my part.

What interests me the most about this is that we may start seeing lots of cars with similarly aerodynamic designs on the road very soon (as in the next few years).

4. Hilander

Hilander Well-Known Member Staff Member V.I.P.

If this works for Walmart I'm sure we will see more such vehicles on the road.

I hope they thought about safety and not just fuel efficiency and hauling more merchandise.

I would like to see the inside of that thing and sit in it, wouldn't mind driving it but since I don't have a CDL don't think that's going to happen.