If you hit somebody's car

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, May 17, 2009.

?

If you hit somebody's car and they weren't around...

1. I'd leave a note with my contact details

69.2%
  2. I'd get out of there as fast as possible

30.8%
  1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

If you hit somebody's car and they weren't around in time for you to give them your details, would you leave a note?

Or would you do something like this guy:

[​IMG]

I would leave a note with my contact details, insurance, etc. I'd also hope that if somebody hit my car they would do the same.

2. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Part of me would honestly not want to leave a note and be a jackass but knowing myself I would definitely leave a note. Thats the decent thing to do and I would want someone else to do the same for me.

3. Impact

Impact Whoren V.I.P.

It depends. If there was no damage, or only a minimal scratch, then i'd just drive off, but if there was more serious damage, i'd leave a note. Hell, isn't that what insurance is for?

4. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Definately would leave a note. It's just what you'd expect someone else to do if they hit your car. Also you never know who's watching :hmm:

Edit: Thinking about it, I don't actually keep a pen and anything to write on in my car or on me when I go out, do you guys? I dunno what I'd do then...

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  5. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P.

I work in insurance so if I did just drive off then I'd be a bit of a disgrace.

As much as I would want to just drive off and sod it, I think I was have to leave my details of insurance out of principle and hope someone else would damn well do the same of the situation was turned.

6. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I'd do it in case someone else saw me and plus I'd want someone to do the same for me if they hit my car.

7. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

It would depend on a few things; the severity of the damage, the part of the car that is damaged, the location it all happened and who might of witnessed it.

If was just a scratch on bumper in a busy car-park I'd just forget about it. Whilst if it was a dented panel and outside side a shop/house or something I'd leave a note.

I was given little business cards by my insurer to keep in the car, they basically have a telephone number and my policy number for anybody to contact.
    I also keep a pen & paper in the car, along with a tapemeasure and a disposable camera to capture the evidence if I were in an accident.

8. Vallentina

Vallentina Registered Member

I gave someone a very small door ding once when I first learned to drive and I didn't leave a note. Yeah, I feel guilty and I'm afraid it's going to come back on me x10.

9. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P.

I would leave a note. Especially after knowing how it feels. I got off work and walked out to the parking garage, as usual...only to find that the front corner of my bumper was caved in with no explanations. What an asshole.

10. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

That happened to me just recently here at work. The parking spaces are assigned so I just asked security where the owner of the car works in the building. I went to her office and told her what happened and gave her my insurance information and it was taken car of. My truck has little dings all over and no one has ever done that for me.

11. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Same here. Although I think I would be influenced by the level of damage too.

12. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

The picture didnt work for me :shake:

If I hit someone's car I would leave a note for them. As much as I would like to just leg it and leave it, I would feel way too guilty and as others have said, if it happend to my car I would want someone to leave me a note.

13. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

I guess I'm the first to say I would not leave a note. I am an asshole, I know. But if I'm in a rush or distraught enough to be going fast enough to hit a non-moving car, I REALLY have to go.

14. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

What was the picture?

If it was just a fender bender, I wouldn't leave anything. If I totaled their car, I might leave something. For most cases, though, I doubt I'd leave a note with any of my info on it for any type of small damage.

15. Jaszibabes

Jaszibabes The Instigator V.I.P.

If there wasn't any damage, I would just leave. But if there was some mark or damage, I would leave a note with my details.

16. ancredelamour

ancredelamour Registered Member

I would feel too guilty for too long if I didnt leave a note with my contact details, but maybe if I was having a bad day and had no idea who the person was and it wasnt anything major I would just ride away, I dont really know. I hit someones car with my bike once and scratched it and thought.. I was hurt more than the car, so I just left!

17. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I know that right now obviously it's not believable when people say that they would leave contact information but i would.

It would bug me for a long long time if i damaged someone's car and just ran away.

18. greyham_G

greyham_G Registered Member

If it was a little ding or a small scratch i would get out of there. But if it was fairly severe then i would leave a note.

19. Dragon

Dragon Happy Thanksgiving! V.I.P.

I hit someone's truck a few weeks ago in a parking lot and i got out to see if there was any damages on the truck but there were damages so I got back in my car and left.